Stressed about college applications?
Get the hardest part DONE in just one week this summer!
In the College Essay Intensive, students will:
- Find out what colleges want to know about you in your essay—and what they don’t!
- Generate ideas for sophisticated and revealing personal essays
- Work to complete an advanced draft of a Common Application essay
- Tackle “Why do you want to attend this college?” questions
- Learn strategies for answering scholarship essay prompts.
- Polish their writing with exercises in concision, clarity, diction, narrative structure, and style.
Students will write in a relaxed, personalized workshop environment with Julie Goldberg, a New Jersey certified English teacher and librarian. Ms. Goldberg holds master’s degrees in Education, English and American literature and language, and in library and information science. She is also an author of fiction and essays, and has taught writing for twenty-five years.
The College Essay Intensive is a one-week, half-day course. The cost is $375 for the week. Classes will run with a minimum of five students.